CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 12, 2010

First Taste of Rice Cereal

So I have been wrestling with whether or not to start Reid on solids and give him some rice cereal.  He has been eating so much lately that I haven't been able to keep up with him.  Thank goodness I had a large supply of milk built up in the freezer because he has been going through it so fast.  After eating about 12 ounces at one feeding I decided that it was time.  I really wanted to wait until he was 6 months old but he was ready so I had to give in a little.  Well, he loved it! He scarfed down everything that I had prepared for him and was looking for more.  He did great with the spoon for the first time and has gotten better everyday.  I am so proud of my little boy but it did make me a little sad because I can't believe how fast he is growing.  Well, OK i'll admit it, I totally cried after he ate and freaked out a little bit.  After getting my mind back I realized that it was definitely the best decision.  I never thought that I would stress this much over rice cereal but here I am.  I just love him so much and want to do everything perfect.  He is just such an amazing little boy and I'm excited for what comes next!
first bite

hmmm...not so sure yet

Still thinking....

Love it!

1 comments:

Kerry said...

ADORABLE!!! So cute!! I understand completely the crying. I'm still sad when I see Joe's 0-3 month clothes.