CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 7, 2011

Reid is 7 months

Today my baby is 7 months! I can't how big he is getting and he seems to do something new everyday.  He did finally roll over from back to tummy just yesterday so we can count it as he rolled over at 6 months.  I was so happy and so relieved that he did it that I started to cry.  The doctor kept reassuring me that there was nothing to worry about and that every baby does things on their own time but I am now thrilled that we can check that milestone off.  He also now sits up with no trouble at all and I can leave him to go do something and I don't have to worry that he might fall over.  He loves to just sit there and play with his toys.  I don't know if I am looking forward to when he becomes mobile because he plays so nicely in one place right now.  I don't have to worry about him getting into anything but I guess it has to happen sometime!

If it is at all possible he just keeps getting happier.  He has been sick a lot the past month and has gotten his first colds.  He was so good during them and tried so hard but it is hard to sleep when you can't breathe very well.  He had a lot of trouble sleeping due to his colds and I think he was going through a bit of a growth spurt so it was kind of a hard time.  He was waking up about 1 to 4 times a night.  He was always really good and fell right back to sleep after he ate or we would put him in his swing so he could breathe better.  He is starting to get over them now but just has a bit of a runny nose.  Even so he is constantly in good spirits and loves to be around people.  He loves to look at everyone, especially little kids.  He loves to watch his cousins run around and especially gets a kick out of when they pay attention to him.  We just can't wait to see what he will do next and we are excited for more to come!
he loves mirrors and is always trying to kiss himself

1 comments:

Kerry said...

So cute! I love all the holiday pictures too!! He's adorable. I'm glad for what you said about kids taking their time, because Joe can't sit up AT all by himself. I love your Christmas pics. Reid is just getting so big!