CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Christmas Stocking

I have always wanted to make my kids Christmas stockings since I was a little girl.  My mom made ours and I always loved and cherished that she spent so much time to make them for all of us.  I am a novice when it comes to the sewing department so when we decided to start trying to have a baby I thought that I would get a jump on things and start the stocking before I got pregnant.  Well, I started on it but didn't get much done until after Reid was born.  I wanted him to have it for this Christmas so I jumped it into gear and got serious.  It took up my entire dining room table for a whole month.  I was afraid that if I put it away every time I was finished for the day that I wouldn't get it back out again so there it stayed. I worked on it during every nap time and when Reid would go down for the night.  All my hard work paid off because I actually finished it! I'm so happy with it and I hope that he likes it as he gets older.  It is definitely not perfect but it is made with love and he is pretty much the only person I would do this much work for!
The finished product
What it's suppose to look like...pretty close!

4 comments:

Steven & Jennifer Clegg said...

Ummm... LOVE IT!! Why have you been my Bestest Bestie for, like, 7 years and I'm just now discovering that you are uberly crafty?? I knew that you were crafty, but not of this magnitude :) I love you!! I promise that I'm either coming this Monday or Tuesday or the following Monday and Tuesday! I can't wait to see you!!!

Katie and John said...

Super cute! Yours looks even better than the "what it's supposed to look like" picture... I don't think that's supposed to happen. You're so crafty!

Kerry said...

Wow! I think it looks even cuter than how it's supposed to! Adorable!

Jim and Nicole said...

That is the cutest stocking i've ever seen! You did a great job