CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

18 Weeks

I decided to do my first pregnancy survey just to track everything that is going on and I'm stealing the one my friend Alex is using because she is so cute and only one week ahead of me so here it goes...

How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain: none so far because I lost 4 pounds in my first trimester so I'm now almost back to where I started
How big is the baby?: The size of a mango (6in, .5 lbs)
Maternity clothes?: Not really even though I would really like to be
Stretch marks?: No!!!
Sleep: I sleep ok and all the time but since I am in bed so much I'm actually getting really sore!
Best moment so far: Feeling the baby kick and finding out he is a BOY!
Movement?: Tons, I don't think he ever stops moving
Food cravings?: Fruit, mostly pineapple and oranges
Gender: BOY
Labor signs?: Not yet, just some ligament pain
Belly Button?: Still the same as before
What I'm looking forward to: I want Wes to be able to feel him kick
Milestone: I actually bought my first maternity dress today which is my first purchase for any maternity clothes. I don't really need it yet but it was so cute and I am anxious to start looking pregnant so I figure if I buy some maternity clothes maybe that will happen!

Last week we had a bit of a scare when we were sent to the ER because I was having some pain. I had been having it for about a week before I said anything. I mentioned it to my mom who told me that everything was probably fine but that we sould probably just call the doctor. I started to get a little scared but decided to call him just to make sure everything was ok. When I called he told me that I needed to go to the ER just to make sure that nothing was happening. I went and spent about 5 hours there before we found out that it was just some round ligament pain. I had never even heard of that before but it is when your ligaments are so tight that when they are stretching they give sharp pains around your belly. I was so happy to know that everything was ok and now the pain doesn't bother me as much. I hope that was the only time I will have to be there because it was awful and scary!

3 comments:

Mrs. Lexi said...

Kimi you look beautiful and I love your teeny lil belly! So jealous you don't need to be in the maternity clothes yet!

Cristine Garrison said...

haha. you crack me up. "i'm anxious to start looking pregnant." haha. i would say the same thing too.

hilary w said...

You are so tiny! Your long and lean torso will hold your pregnant belly so beautifully! Congrats on a boy!!!

That abdominal pain is scary! That's the LAST thing you want to feel when you are pregnant and not full term! I am glad it was just ligament pain. I actually had that, too, during my second trimester. It's definitely uncomfortable but for me at least it went away!