CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reid is 6 Months

How has half a year gone by already?! I can't believe that Reid is 6 months today.  I am so happy that he is doing so well and is such a happy little boy but I am in denial a little bit because it doesn't seem possible for time to have gone by this fast.  Each and every day is such a joy with Reid and I love being a mom more and more.  This past month has been pretty exciting because he got his first taste of rice cereal and just about a week ago we gave him his first taste of food.  I have only given him vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots and peas) because I am afraid that he won't eat any veggies after I give him a taste for fruit.  It's a bit ridiculous but he's my first! We went to the doctor yesterday for his 6 month check-up and the doctor was super happy with his growth and development. He weighed in at 17 lbs and 8 oz (50th percentile), 27 in (75th percentile), and head 17 3/8 in (55th percentile).  He is being consistent with his growth which I am thrilled about.  I can't believe that he is only in the 50th percentile for weight because he is so heavy! I can't believe there are kids his same age that weigh way more.  Those poor parents! Anyways,  he is hitting all his milestones and doing great except that he still hasn't rolled over.  I was really late in doing everything so he will probably be the same way so I'm not too worried and the doctor wasn't worried at all so it did make me feel a little better.  I can't complain though because he really is such a happy baby and is just all smiles.  He sleeps so well and rarely cries anymore, only a little whine every now and then to let me know when he's hungry or tired.  We really couldn't be more blessed or have a better little boy. We just love him so much!
He loves walks and being outside
He's a messy eater especially when Dad is feeding him
I love those blue eyes!

1 comments:

Kerry said...

How cute! I love the Christmas post too! Also, I love the new family pic. As for the food, a girl in my ward said that her son stopped eating veggies after tasting fruit, so you're not just paranoid!